Options for Reinserting Implants After Removing Rupture PIP Implant? (photo)

I had pip rupture implant removed and i was not able to get another for know. I also had part of my breast muscle removed few years back got cancer. I went to see a doctor with wants to put in anatomical over muscle. Since there are only 12 plastic surgeon were i live i would love to know what you all think.

Implant placement with replacement implants

+1
Usually, the new implants can be placed in the old pocket, with the need to enlarge the pocket some time. With some chest muscle removed, you may be a candidate for using an Alloderm, Stratice or other type of dermal matrix to reinforce this area of muscle removal and provide better coverage. Your surgeon would need to evaluate you and discuss this with you. if the implants, can be placed under the muscle, I think this would be a better option.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant placement

+1

Implants can be placed either above or below the muscle. If you have had some muscle removed during your mastectomy, an evaluation in person would help decide what could be best for you.

Breast implants after PIP implant removal

+1

Were the implants subpectoral (under the muscle) before?  I prefer under the muscle generally but that decision is best left between you and your plastic surgeon.  At present I am not a huge fan of "anatomic" or "tear drop" implants as the silicone gel ones are only available in a study protocol setting and I only have saline filled anatomics available to my patients and especially when they are over the muscle they may give more "rippling" visible.  Best to visit with several plastic surgeons (in your situation) if you are not sure about the opinion you got. 

James E. Chappell, MD

Options for Reinserting Implants After Removing Rupture PIP Implant

+1

Very hard to give accurate advise without in person evaluation. But I would use HP or mod P instead of anatomies. Best to see many PSs in your country.