Have I Ruined my Septo-Rhinoplasty? Heard A Crack.

I had a septo-rhinoplasty and SMD on the 16th December 2011, about 2 and half weeks after the procedure I caught my nose whilst turning my head on a friends finger (who was pointing at something). I heard a small crack. I have broken the nose twice, both times the impact was from the left side, the same side I caught it 2 and half weeks ago. Now I'm para I might of caused some damage. There was no blood, a bit of pain which quickly subsided. Have a ruined the surgeons good work!?

Hit nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to know if anything was damaged when you hit your nose. I'm sure your surgeon would be more than happy to check it out to make sure nothing bad has happened.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Ruined septo rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that you did anything bad, but it s worth seeing your doctor to be checked out to alleviate your stress.

Trauma Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Minor injuries following nasal surgery often cause discomfort and anxiety but rarely effect the final result.  Injuries that do not result in bleeding are rarely of significance.  Injuries that result in visible changes to the nasal shape or that cause bleeding would be of greater concern. It sounds like the injury is minor, but you will want to have your surgeon re-evaluate you in the near future to be sure.  Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Minor Trauma 2.5 Weeks Following Rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you had a minor injury to your nose. I tell my patients to avoid nasal trauma for 6 weeks after rhinoplasty, but it is unlikely you compromised your final result. Have your surgeon examine your nose.