Is It Possible to Ruin a Tummy Tuck Without Feeling Pain?

I recently had a mini abdominoplasty, im 5 weeks post-op. And everytime i look at my stomach i feel like there isnt really change compared to before the operation. Im not sure if i still have more swelling to get rid of or if its all gone now, but there definetely isnt a 'flat' contour to my abdomen. Is it possible that it somehow stretched back to where it was without me feeling anything? I havent done any aggressive movement that has caused me severe pain.

Concerns about inadequate improvement 5 weeks after mini-tummy tuck

+2

A mini tummy tuck can provide the right person good results in the right situation. Given that you are still early in the healing process, you probably still have a lot of swelling that can take 6 or more months for the majority to abate and for you to more closely see the results that you may have.

Did your surgeon tighten the muscles during the procedure? This will also impact your results.

You should contact your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her. This may help relieve some of your concerns ... and then again, maybe not. 

+1

From your description maybe it was the wrong operation for you. You may have needed a full TT with MR. 

Mini tummy tuck

+1

You should visit your plastic surgeon to make sure you haven't had a complication but I agree with Dr. Rand that too many patients are offered "mini tummy tuck" with the patient thinking that they will have the same results as with a full tummy tuck.  I perform lots of abdominal surgery and VERY FEW patients are good candidates for mini tummy tucks.

Possible to hurt a tummy tuck result

+1

it is possible that you could have hurt the repair inside. the best recommendation I can give is to return to your surgeon and let them examine you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Problems with a mini tummy tuck

+1

As has been said countless times on RS, a mini TT should be a very rare operation because it doesn't address anything above the belly button and doesn't usually lead to the flat tight abdomen that a postpregnancy patient wants.  It is possible that you aren't seeing the changes you wanted because you really needed a full TT instead of the mini.  Just a thought....

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS