Did I Ruin my Rhinoplasty Results?

I had a revision rhinoplasty 4 and a half weeks ago o just over a month. it was mainly to fix a bulbous assymetrical tip and an inverted v deformity. the bridge was not altered. what i am concerned about is that yesterday i went to get a facial and i didnt mention to the asthecian that she shouldnt apply much pressure to my nose and she sort of bent my nose tip to the side using medium pressure (both sides) and that is when i remembered to tell her!it was not painful.can that damage my tip?

Facials and rhinoplasty

+2

I do not advise patients to get facials shortly after rhinoplasty. I doubt at 4 weeks this is a problem but if you are concerned, I would see your doctor.

Unlikely that your esthetician damaged your rhinoplasty result with facial

+2

It's highly unlikely that your esthetician damaged your rhinoplasty result with a facial. I would recommend returning to your plastic surgeon if you're concerned. At 1 month your healing is well underway and the result is relatively durable.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

+2

Based on the type of rhinoplasty surgery, being 4 1/2 weeks out and the type of manipulation, I doubt that any damage was done.  To be on the safe side, schedule a follow-up  with your surgeon to have him/her check out your nose.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Did I ruin my rhinoplasty?

+2

At four and one half weeks, probably not.  If you did, you would see it.  Follow up with your surgeon if any doubt.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Be careful after a rhinoplasty.

+2

If you think you have caused damage, call your PS just to make sure.  It is better to be safe than sorry.

Activity After Rhinoplasty

+2

Although the nose is sensitive after rhinoplasty, it is not fragile.  The main concern with rhinoplasty is the nasal bone which can be moved easily soon after surgery.  This is the reason that a cast is placed over the top of the nose, offering a small measure of protection from mild trauma.  The tip of the nose is cartilage and is very stable after surgery.  I allow my patients to begin light activity as soon as they feel able and full activity after 3 weeks.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did I ruin my Rhinoplasty?

+1
It is highly unlikely due to your description of events that you caused any trauma to your nose adversely affecting your surgical results. I would discuss the event with your surgeon and discuss with him differences if any you have seen since your facial. I think your surgeon will be able to give you peace of mind regarding your results. I always instruct my patients to inform their dentists, aestheticians, etc of their procedure so they may all proceed with caution. You should be fine, I wish you the best!

Facial after rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your description, it is unlikely that you did any significant damage to your nose. That being said, I would schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon for an examination.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial 4 1/2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikey you did any harm, but consult with your surgeon. Avoid any nasal trauma for another 3 weeks.

Did I Ruin my Rhinoplasty Results?

+1

Chances are, you did not.

Of course without a consultation it's impossible to tell, but there are some guideliness-the more grafts that were used in surgery, if they were used, the higher tha chance the may shift with manipulation, such  as facial.The opposite is true.

You should return to your surgeon and discuss, as he will know what maneuvers were performed during your surgery.

Dr Siegel

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon