Will Picking the Scabs Out of My Nose Affect the Results of My Rhinoplasty?

I'm 11 days post op and today when I woke up I had trouble breathing from my nose. And when I looked at the mirror I realized that it was because of the scabs. So I picked them out cause I didn't know I was doing something wrong. Will it affect the result of my Rhinoplasty or cause an infection?

+1

I would suggest just being cautious if you are manipulating the scabs on the inside of the nose moving forward.  If you also underwent a septoplasty, chronic nasal irritation or picking of the nose can lead to a potential perforation or hole in the inside of the nose.  The one episode of this will not cause you any harm.  Moving forward it is worthwhile to pick up Aquaphor ointment from the pharamcy (OTC) and use a little on a Qtip to the inside of the nose twice daily.  This will hydrate and moisten the nose and prevent the scabbing from forming in the first place.  Good luck!  Dr. Shep

Web reference: http://www.valleyfacialplasticsurgery.com

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon