Can Rubbing Your Nose After Rhinoplasty Damage It?

I had a revision rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts done about 5 months ago. I woke up last night rubbing near my nose. it makes me nervous that I could start rubbing it at night and not realize I was doing it. I was wondering if rubbing your nose in your sleep could damage it 5 months post op? Would I be able to tell if I did damage it? Would it be helpful to tape the cast to it at night or is this useless at 5 months post op? Please HELP SUPER WORRIED!!!!

5 months

+2

Without knowing exactly what was done to you it is impossible to state categorically what could happen. As a general rule at 5 months things should be very solid. I would check with your surgeon.