Rubbery Hump Post Rhynoplasty/septoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty and and septoplasty surgery about 3 years ago to correct my breathing problems. I didn't care much about the esthetic part of the surgery, as a matter of fact I asked my Doctor to no change anything on my nose. However, after the swelling went down I noticed a hump going diagonally across the bridge. I have not experienceany type of falls or accidents so I don't think is broke. This little hump feels rubbery and I can move it side to side. Any suggestions?

Rubbery hump

+1

Unfortunately your pictures dont show anything in order to make a sugestion. I would see your surgeon to evaluate you.

Need in-person evaluation

+1

Rubbery feeling objects can represent many things including cartilage fragments or scar.  An in-person evaluation is necessary to help improve diagnosis.  Ultimately, the final diagnosis cannot be made until exploration is performed at the time of surgery, assuming you wish to pursue surgery.  Your issues need to be significant for you to undergo surgery, because as you know, surgery has risks.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The posted photo does not demonstrate the issue. Best to seek in person evaluations from rhinoplasty surgeons in your area.  

Rubbery hump

+1

It almost looks like you have an inverted v deformity from a "humpectomy" performed without Osteotomies to close an open roof.   If I am correct about this that bump could be the edge of the upper lateral cartilage.  Impossible to tell for sure without an exam.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rubbery hump on nose

+1

Thanks for the photos, but unfortunately it is difficult to tell what is in the photo. An exam in person would be key to properly evaluate this.