I Rubbed the Area After About 2 Hours After I Had Botox, Will This Affect My Treatment?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I had botox this evening and after about 2 hours I rubbed my forehead quite hard completely forgetting, and felt a crackling sound in places. one being above my eyebrow and it felt like something moved downwards. I pushed the area back up again but I wondered if this is going to affect my treatment or eyelids? Thanks.

Rubbing after Botox

+1

Rubbing area after two hours shouldn't have any effect and you should receive the same great result 

Best wishes

Rubbing Should Not Harm Botox Treatment

+1

No, it should not affect the treatment area. Botox is generally absorbed very quickly after it is injected.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Rubbing area after Botox

+1

Hi Vicky! Rubbing should not cause adverse effects. We do recommend patients to not lie down for four hours after injection, as well as no heavy exercise for the remainder of the day. Hope you love the results of the product as much as our patients!

Rubbing forehead after Botox

+1

Rubbing your forehead after Botox should not have any adverse reactions.  The product is absorbed quickly after injections. 

Rubbing your forehead after Botox

+1

Rubbing your forehead probably did not affect your Botox treatment.  Please wait 2 weeks and if you are not happy with your result, return to your doctor for assessment and mention that you rubbed the area.

Toronto Dermatologist

Rubbing following treatment with Botox

+1

In general, rubbing the area after 2 hours should not have an effect on the results of your treatment. I would recommend following up with your provider regarding any additional concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

I rubbed my forehead after Botox

+1

Neurotoxins injected into the muscle are taken up by the nerve endings very quickly. Usually within about 90 minutes. I doubt you rubbed your forehead all that hard anyway, but are just very concerned about touching it at all. I think you will be just fine and don't need to worry. If you are concerned in a few days or something doesn't look right, then return to your injector. But I really think you will be just fine.

Botox injections

+1

Rubbing your forehead after 2 hours of your Botox treatment should not affect the your results

Rubbing forehead after botox

+1

Rubbing your forehead after getting neurotoxin to your forehead after 2 hours should not significantly change the results in your treatment, or cause any bad outcomes. The neurotoxin is placed in the muscles where it is supposed to work, and there should not be much migration that was not taken into account for by your injecting physician.

Germantown Dermatologist

Rubbing the area after Botox injection

+1

Within 20 to 90 minutes after neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox, Dysport or Xeomin very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. Therefore rubbing the area 2 hours later is unlikely to have any adverse effect.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon