Is It Okay to Rub my Eyes After the Latisse Has Dried?

I apply Latisse at night on a clean face. I use one drop for two eyes and I'm very careful about the application. However, it usually takes me a while to fall asleep and as a result, I'll rub my eyes. Will this decrease the effectiveness of Latisse? I never go near my eyes while the Latisse is still wet, this question is regarding after the Latisse has already dried.

The safety of rubbing the eyes after application of Latisse

+1

Within several minutes after application of Latisse, the solution will have dried and it will be safe to rub your eyes. The eye is exposed to a very small amount of Latisse even when it is properly applied as directed to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. This has been demonstrated by applying a colored dye to the eyelid margin and watching its migration. Therefore, you won't have to worry if rubbing causes some of the solution to get into the eye.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Rubbing off Latisse

+1

Once the Latisse has dried (after about 5 minutes or so) you really shouldn't have any problems if you rub your eyes or in the event you put it on in the morning, you can even put makeup on over it after about 5 minutes. 

Dr. Grant Stevens               

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Latisse and rubbing eyes

+1

Rubbing your eyes after the solution has dried should not cause any problems. The amount and concentration has been tested and the efficacy studies have taken the proper use of the product into account, so it will still work.

Germantown Dermatologist