Best Technique to Fix Small Chin?

I am 33 years old and have struggled with my chin since high school. Back in 2004 I had scheduled surgery for chin lipo and an implant and found out I was pregnant - surgery cancelled. Now here I am, 7 years later with the same problem. I have lost all my excess weight and I am ready to proceed! I am not looking to change my face in a major way, I am just trying to rid the jiggly skin under my neck and jowel area, but alas, I have a teeny tiny chin. Some direction would be great!

Small Chin Fix

+1

Chin implant and/or liposuction may be an option. You should get a couple opinions from experienced surgeons in your area. Also you will need to get facial/dental x-rays before a final decision can be made.

"Dr.D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation with neck liposuction will be beneficial

+1
From the photographs provided it appears that you would be an ideal candidate for chin augmentation and some neck liposuction. The procedure is very simple I typically make a small incision under the chin and do the liposuction from that incision. I would then place an implant in the same incision and you should have remarkable difference in your profile. I use an imaging computer during the consultative phase and this allows you to see the proposed aesthetic result prior to surgery. I think you would be very happy with this simple procedure and the difference it will make in your appearance will be quite remarkable. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant

+1

A chin implant is the way to go.  If it is the size of your chin that bothers you, then start with the chin implant.  Neck liposuction may help, it just depends on your anatomy and whether there is fat that can be removed from your neck.  Overall, you will have a nice result and be very satisfied.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Options for a small chin

+1

Certainly a chin implant and neck liposuction would achieve the best result for you. However, if you were unsure of the surgical route, you could always start with filler, such as Radiesse, to temporary build up the chin. You could also use a injectable product  (such as Mesoslim) that helps dissolve fat for the areas of concern around your neck and jowel. After seeing if you are happy with those results, you could decide whether or not to proceed with surgery.

Cory Torgerson, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for a Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction surgery.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and the photos you posted. From what I see, you would likely benefit from a chin implant and neck liposuction. The combination of these procedures may rejuvenate your neck and add projection to your chin.

You should consult several reputable facial plastic surgeons to determine what would be best for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for treatment of longstanding concerns of chin

+1

The first thing prior to chin surgery is to review your dental occlusion and make sure there is no underlying skeletal conditions explaining your appearance. Subsequent to this, there is NO ONE BEST procedure but several options. I would consider advising a neck liposucition with chin implant and possibly even a ower face lift but you will recieve conflicting opinions from several surgeons here.