Can Rhinoplasty Give me the Profile I Desire?

I Have a Rounded Nose Tip and Am Interested in a Less Droopy, Less Round Look. Is this possible? I am not sure what profile I fit into, I'm thinking mestizo. I desire a smaller, less round nose!What is realistic?

Positive changes with rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty is a common procedure with great patient satisfaction.  Your concerns about tip definition can be easily addressed.  It is important that you develop a strong sense of the changes that you desire and discuss them fully with your surgeon so that he or she may plan a surgery that will achieve them.  I would suggest that you review pre and post operative photographs of other patients at various lengths of follow up and  that contain the standard views. Also,  review with the surgeon your own preoperative photographs so that communication is clear.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, Newport Beach Rhinoplasty and refinement of tip

+2
The best way to really determine your desired results is to use computer imaging. This allows you as the patient to view your surgeons proposed results prior to any surgery. This allows communication between the patient and surgeon and makes sure that the desired results are mutually agreed upon and aesthetically pleasing. You are an attractive young lady and a small refinement to your nasal tip should give you the results you desire in the hands of a skilled Rhinoplasty surgeon. The imaging process takes terms like "less droopy" and "less round" and makes them definable to the surgeon and patient via this modern technology. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for less round, droopy tip

+2

Rhinoplasty is a great option to achieve the nasal changes you describe. I would recommend visiting with a surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty, especially with noses similar to your own. Be sure to review before and after photographs of other patients' results to ensure that you like the surgeon's aesthetic.

Often tip roundness is due to the convex curvature of the cartilages in that area. In my experience maneuvers to flatten this cartilage provides a very natural, durable refinement to the tip. Additionally, the tip can be made less droopy at the same time which would also lead to a smaller appearing nose. Feel free to visit my web reference below to see some examples of these same issues.

An in-office examination would allow for a more in depth analysis and assessment of your nose. Additionally, computer morphing can be done to allow for a dialogue regarding what types of changes you are interested in seeing.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

What you are asking for is very simple....

+2

I trained in Dallas and Atlanta, and currently practice in Houston.  The type of nose you have is very common in these communities because of a large Hispanic population.  We see 3-4 patients a day who ask for exactly what you desire.  Essentially you want additional tip definition and slight increased rotation of your nose.  These characteristics are easily accomplished with a rhinoplasty.  This type of rhinoplasty is simple and usually takes under 2 hours.  Most patients are back to work within a couple of days.  Please ask your surgeon to also provide you with preoperative computer imaging so that you can visualize and discuss the proposed results.  

Thanks.

Raghu Athre

Double board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Houston, TX

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Achieving Desired Nasal Profile

+2

Regardless of your nose type, you need to sit down with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your goals and determine what you both want to achieve. Your wide nose with a "droopy", round tip can be narrowed and refined.

Predicting Satisfying Rhinoplasty Results Requires Computer Imaging And Communication

+2

The best way to gauge whether rhinoplasty results are realistic is computer imaging and communication with your plastic surgeon. While computer imaging is not a guarantee of the surgical results, it does provide visuals that aid the communication and discussion of your nose reshaping goals. The photos for computer imaging need to be done in at least three different views (front, profile, oblique views) so there is no confusion based on how you and your plastic surgeon see yourself. Based on the one picture that you have shown, your stated nose changes appear to be achieveable. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

The profile you desire in rhinoplasty

+2

It can be difficult to describe the look you wish after rhinoplasty, and mestizo may not be in the vocabulary of all. We have found patients can have the profile they are looking for after nasal shaping and communication is the key. Photos are very helpful, and best is computer simulation using your photos to 'try' different changes to see how they fit with and influence facial features. This will help both you and your surgeon see just what profile you fit into.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Nasal Refinement, Nose Job

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years.  From the photos, you provided, the nose appears a bit wide.  The nasal tip iseems bulbous and under-rotated which makes the nose appear long.  You should be able to make the nose appear thinner with a tip that's rotated up and thin and more defined.

Dear Caribena unica

+2

Your goals are very realistic. It is important to meet with several Doctors and ensure that he understands your goals, and that your goals can be translated with surgery.

Computer imaging is a most, to ensure that your Doctor and you are communicating. Less round and less droopy may have different meanings to each of you.

My Best,

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty expectations

+1

Yes, it is possible!  Rhinoplasty is a great procedure that can make your nose more proportionate to your facial features.  Remember:  Experience Matters! Look for a board certified plastic surgeon that frequently performs this procedure and review before and after photos to get a better sense of the physician’s surgical outcome. 

George John Alexander, MD, FACS