Round Tip Post Rev Rhinoplasty - Improvements Possible? (photo)

I am two months out from revision rhinoplasty and fear I am stuck with a nose which will never be satisfactory. My tip has always been large and shapeless but I underwent rhinoplasty to improve this and although I realize there is swelling, it appears to be unchanged or worse than before. Could roundness be improved with kenalog or will another surgery be necessary? Also on side view there is indentation/ hump could this be improved with kenalog?

Round Tip Post Rev Rhinoplasty - Improvements Possible?

+2

You really should ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Revision Rhinoplasty since you are under his/her post-op Rhinoplasty care two months after your Rhinoplasty.  IMHO, it's not in any patients best interest to seek advice form surgeons unfamiliar with their surgery during the post-op period even though this may seem like a good idea at the time.  

Round Tip Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't have a crystal ball but I will try. You know that your nose will change as healing progresses over the next 10-15 months. I think you may need to increase tip projection, probably  with cartilage,  to establish a proper relationship the tip and the line of your profile. Kenalog injections may decrease the fullness above your tip.

Roundness following rhinoplasty

+1

your photos are helpful.

I cant give you specific advice without examining you.

Time and kenalog might help.

But people in your shoes often find themselves needing another revision.

By the third round cartilage grafts from the ears or ribs are usually needed.

10-12 months is the appropriate time frame for most revisions (re-revisions), however i would be happy to eval you this early to give you some idea of what you might be in for

Im in austin, not too far from houston.

Take a look at my site, i think you might like my approach.

take care

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon