What Round Silicone Implant Size, and Projection for my Small Frame?(photo)

Hi, I have had my implants removed due to rupture. I need help deciding on new implants. I am 4'11, weight 39kg, underbust 25.5 inches, across bust 10 inches side to side. I would like to have implants put under the muscle. I would like a natural look, a full C cup with a nice cleavage. What projection please, extra full or full Allergan inspira? Sadly my breast tissue is LESS than before my augmentation 5 years ago. What implant size and projection would you recommend please? Thank you

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

It is necessary to have an examination by your doctor to determine optimal breast implant sizing.  Measurements will be obtained, with evaluation of tissues as well nipple position to determine which procedures and which types of implants and implant sizes are most appropriate. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Full exam and history needed to make decision

+1

This is very difficult to answer without a full breast exam and a more thorough history. Discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donna Rich, MD

Implant size selection

+1

This is the most common question we receive from breast augmentation patients.  First, to give you any recommendations, we would need a formal physical exam/assessment of your chest wall.  You do have a narrow chest wall base width.  If you are looking for a full look, I would likely recommend an Allergan Style 20 or Style 45 Gel implants.

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. a Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS