How Long Should I Wait for a Second Round of Lipo/Fat Transfer to Breasts?

Hello, I had lipo and fg to buttocks 4 months ago.My stomach looks likes its never been lipo before, i had more results immediately after surgery. i am pretty content with my butt. I KNOW i need a second round of lipo, this time i want the fat transfered to my breast. When can i get lipo on the same areas since its been 4 months from my 1st procedure? Will lipo hurt more the second time? I felt absolutely no pain the first time. Also, will the fat attained from previous lipo sites be usable?

+1

At least a 6 month wait to allow softening of the previous lipoed areas is my rule of thumb. Best to discuss with your lipo surgeon. 

Fat can be harvested from multiple sites

+1

You will have more pain and swelling if the fat harvested from the previous sites. You can have your second surgery now.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for transfer the second time

+1

All surgeons have their own experience with this, though we don't like to use the same donor area a second time for fat transfers to the buttock, or the breast. The more the fat is traumatized, the less the take, especially in the breast where cysts and calcification can become a problem, a new harvest site is best.

peterejohnsonmd