Round, large, uneven nose. Is it possible to have a small refined nose and how can I achieve the results? (photo)

What I Want: - Smaller, refined tip - Smaller nostrils - Nasal bone trimmed down from the sides - Preferably, having my nose close to the size of my innerocular distance. - Facial symmetry, harmony, and a more feminine face overall. (I've attached photos of women who I find have ideal noses, amazing facial symmetry and a feminine face overall) Are the results I want achievable? What techniques are best? What are my limitations? Any other recommendations to help achieve better facial symmetry?

Nasal reduction rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your comments and questions, I think you are a good candidate for a reduction/refinement rhinoplasty. I would recommend in person consultation with a local rhinoplasty expert. During your consultation, your surgeon can give you detailed recommendations and discuss the specific techniques, limitations, etc.

Based on your photographs, refinement of your tip can be achieved by removal of some of the excess cartilage and using a fine suture to contour the remaining cartilage in the tip area. The width of the nasal base can be reduced by excision of an appropriate amount of skin at the base of the nostril. I would consider a chin implant to help bring your profile into better balance.

Best wishes!

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Round, large, uneven nose. Is it possible to have a small refined nose and how can I achieve the results?

+1

The dorsum, tip, and alar base can be narrowed and refined to produce a more balanced nose.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty to refine the bridge and tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can refine the tip by a combination of suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages and occasionally conservative cartilage removal when necessary. To narrow the nasal bones, osteotomies will be required. Occasionally cartilage grafts were placed on one side when there is an asymmetry or concavity which is performed to make the nose symmetrical. Thick nasal tip skin can be a limitation. For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Rhinoplasty , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello

Generally speaking based on your photos you should be able to achieve a more refined nose with refinements of the bridge , tip as well as slight alar base narrowing however you should be aware that you have relatively thick overlying skin which may affect the final outcome.

You may also benefit from a Buccal fat pad reduction for better harmony of your face.

To answer the remaining of your questions in greater detail a thorough evaluation and consultation would be necessary .

Best wishes

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your photos. They are a bit small on review so it is difficult to assess well, but seeing a surgeon in person is really the best way to figure out what you want and if it can be achieved. Good luck.