Round, large, uneven nose. Can I achieve a small refined nose with rhinoplasty and how can I achieve the results? (photo)

What I Want: - Smaller, refined tip - Smaller nostrils - Nasal bone trimmed down from the sides - Preferably, having my nose close to the size of my innerocular distance. - Facial symmetry, harmony, and a more feminine face overall. (I've attached photos of women who have ideal noses, amazing facial symmetry and a feminine face overall) Are the results I want achievable? What techniques are best? What are some limitations? (I've included inspiration photos after every)

Round large uneven nose. Can I achieve a small refined nose with rhinoplasty and how can I achieve the results?

+1

With rhinoplasty surgery, it is possible to refine the nasal tip and create a nose that enhances your own natural features and is in harmony with your face. In general, the size of the nostrils is reduced with alar base reduction surgery. An in-person exam would really be necessary to give you the best advice. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with suggestions. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you a general idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Round, large, uneven nose. Can I achieve a small refined nose with rhinoplasty and how can I achieve the results?

+1

The dorsum, tip, and alar base can be narrowed and refined to produce a more balanced nose.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Recommendations for rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for sending your photos and questions about options for a rhinoplasty. It is difficult to give a thorough assessment without seeing the side profile, but from the front, several options can be considered for refinement.

To help the nose balance your face, I would recommend narrowing of the bridge, tip, and nostrils. The bridge of the nose is mostly comprised of bone, and it can be brought slightly inwards during surgery. The tip of the nose can be contoured by shaping the cartilages into a more refined and angular shape. Currently, the cartilage in the tip appears very round and broad. Finally, bringing the nostrils inwards with alar base incisions will help to narrow the overall width of the nostril and base of the nose.

The changes you desire are very achievable with a carefully performed rhinoplasty. Make sure to choose a surgeon who specializes in rhionplasty and can give you the best possible results.

-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon