Round Bump on Nose Bridge After Revision Rhinoplasty

I had Revision Rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago. My first was 14 years ago. At that time, I only had a bump removed. This one did not involve my bridge, but rather shortening and rotating the tip. There were also grafts taken from my septum to help with the tip.

About 3 1/2 weeks later, I noticed a small round bump on the top upper portion of my bridge - which is very straight and not lumpy. The doctor prescribed a z pack and said that it could be cysts, a little infection forming from a suture, or a small piece of cartilage.

He said there is nothing to worry about, but it is painful and has swollen up. Is this common? I did a have a problem with the sutures in my tip dissolving, and they are finally starting to fall out.

Bump after Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

If I understand your description of surgery correctly, it would be pure speculation to explain a bump occuring in a section of the nose that was not touched during the operation. You say the doctor suggested it might be a suture or a piece of cartilage;

how is this possible if the operation was limited to the tip?

Have you surgeon remove the sutures that bother you.

Hump after rhino revision

+1

The round bump on the bridge of the nose could be related to the cartilage graft, a cyst, or dorsal irregularities across the bridge related to the bony cartilaginous junction. It is impossible to tell without a close physical examination. Since it has only been three-and-a-half weeks since the surgery, it is important to let the healing process take effect, and this may just go away on its own without any intervention.