Very Round Baby Face, Been Wanting the Buccal Fat Removal Procedure for a Few Years, Will It Do Anything for Me? (photo)

I'm only 19, but I've always had a very round baby face. Ever since I was little, my cheeks have been one of the most noticeable features on my face. It runs in the family, my mother has chubby cheeks, as do all her sisters and even my grandma. I've worked out and dieted, and even though I lose weight everywhere else, my face seems to not get the message. I hate my cheeks so much and I've become depressed about the issue. Would I be a good candidate for buccal fat removal?

Very Round Baby Face, Been Wanting the Buccal Fat Removal Procedure for a Few Years, Will It Do Anything for Me?

+1

Dear Mandaxo,

Thank you for your post.  This depends on how much fat you have in the buccal fat pad.  This can be assessed on physical exam.  Also, micro liposuction can be done in the face to decrease the cheek volume.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon