Rotted Implants?

My mother in law is 62 years old. she has very old breast implants that are causing her pain. They need to come out. She had a hole in the underside of her breast that had opened up and was leaking white stuff. She has no insurance or money. what can she do? She doesn't qualify for Medicaid.How can she get a surgeon to remove her implants with out money or any kid of insurance?She lives in Caldwell. Idaho . Ty for any help.

Breast Implant Removal

+1

If breast implants need to be removed and the individual has little financial means, a university setting with a training program may be the best option.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Late Complication Following Augmentation

+1

Unfortunately it is not uncommon to have problems with silicone implants several years after surgery, especially with older generation implants.  If your mother-in law's plastic surgeon is still practicing, that would be the first choice.  If not, check with the closest plastic surgery training program.

John Whitt, MD

Rotted implants

+1

I would advise you to go to any medical center that has a residency program in plastic surgery. some one will take care of you.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Infection

+1

It sounds like she either has implant exposure with a leaking implant, or more likely an infection.  In either case, she should have the implants removed.  I would investigate any county health clinics, indigent care centers, and the county or city medical society for referrals.  She can also call plastic surgery offices in her area and explain her situation.  I am sure that they would be willing to at least see her to determine what to do about the problem.  If the implants need to be removed because of infection, this can often be done in the office, and they may work out some sort of payment plan with her.

Good Luck

Donald Griffin, MD

Implant removal

+1

I would try the social work staff at the local hospital to see if she might qualify for charity care. Best wishes.