Rhinoplasty Tertiary? (photo)

Hi iv had 2 septorhinoplasty revisions. The first was 95% perfect after around 5 years a small lump on the right side oblique of my nose bothered me but the bridge was absoluetly fantasic from profile.i underwent a revision to straighten up my septum again as thevconsultant said it had moved and to rebrake my bridge.i woke up with a different nose to what i expected the profile was humpy and not as it was before what could have possibly gone wrong as the consultant said the profile would jot change

Rhinoplasty Tertiary?

+1

I am not seeing in the pictures the hump that you are describing.

Los Angeles, California

I alway encourage my patient to get second opinions.

+1

Hello luke218,

For what it's worth, your nose looks fantastic.  If you are bothered by it, just understand that you have the right to seek a second opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist in your community.  That being said, your situation is a perfect one for non-surgical rhinoplasty using injectible filler.  Ask your surgeon about this option also to make sure you understand that for minor changes, surgery may make things worse, as you are experiencing now.  When you move nasal bones and reposition septal cartilage, a hump can form at the keystone area of the nose.  If you do go back to surgery, a mild rasping may be all that is necessary followed by onlay of ADM, acellular dermal matrix, like Alloderm or Strattice.  This can improve the transition from bone to cartilage and camouflage any irregularities.

Good luck.

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon