What is a Reinforced Orbitotemporal Lift (ROTEL)?

Please explain what a Reinforced Orbitotemporal Lift (ROTEL) is in layman's terms please.

A great example of why you need to focus on the right surgeon and not a procedure

+2

Dear S

I am going to guess you came across this procedure on someone's web site. The reinforced orbitotemporal lift is a composite forehead, facelift, and lower eyelid procedure described by Dr. Reno of Sao Paulo, Brazil in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2003.

The surgery is over-aggressive. In the procedure, an incision is made in the lower eyelid below the eyelashes and surgical dissection is carried out under the lower eyelid muscle. This is a surefire way of destroying the ability of the lower eyelid muscle to work. This type of surgical procedure tends to damage the temple fat. When the tissue is pulled back, the overall effect makes it look like someone took a bite out of the side of the face.

I spend a great deal of time fixing the consequences of this type of surgery. I strongly recommend that you avoid surgeons who propose these types of destructive procedures. This is more about the macho of the surgeon who dares to take your face apart and put it back together. Trust me, the less you have done, the better. Don't get caught up in plastic surgery hubris.

ROTEL procedure in layman's terms

+1

A long run for a short slide.

Without getting into details, it is the type of aggressive procedure that is falling out of favor these days.

However; the concept of rejuvenating the area around the eyes is very important and the key to a successful facial rejuvenation.

Don't be afraid of a forehead lift raising your hairline if it is done by endoscope. Endoscopic forehead lift is based on separating muscle actions, not pulling on skin.

There are many ways of getting the same result.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

It sounds like a name given to a forehead lift.

+1

Their are many "brand named procedures these days. You should see an experienced forehead lift surgeon and let him explain the advantages vs. disadvantages of various ways of doing forehead lifting. For example, we see many patients who get a forehead lift, but unfortunately have their hairline raised.