Rotate Canines & Fix Malocclusion: Invisalign or Braces?

Rotate canines & fix malocclusion: Invisalign or Braces?

Rotating teeth with Invisalign is a challenge

+1

My experience is that rotations in general with Invisalign are unpredictable, and canines with their large roots are even more of a challenge.  Traditional braces are more predictable and likely faster, and tooth colored brackets are nearly as invisible.  Changes to the bite (occlusion) are easier with brackets as well.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign will work for moderate rotation of Canines.

+1

I would need to see your teeth in person to be able to tell if the canines need a lot of rotating or not,but Invisalign has attachments now that will adhere to your teeth and assist the aligners in rotation. Even if it would take a little longer with Invisalign I would still go that route. Its a kinder and gentler way for adults to straighten their teeth...Dr Thomas

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Rotating Canines

+1

Your teeth look like Invisalign will work. That said, the best way to evaluate it is with a consultation. Most dentists will do this free, and then you will know. As far as which one you should do, the pros of Invisalign if it possible need to outweigh the cons. The only con in my opinion is usually cost.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Braces may be better for rotated canines

+1
Hi. Canines are bulbous teeth with big roots. To move them most effectively, I would recommend braces. It is possible that invisalign with attachments on the canines could improve them, but for the best and fastest results I would recommend braces.
New York Orthodontist