Is it safe to have , Chin Augmentation and Neck Lift/Lipsuction along with my Tummy Tuck? I have yet to have any consults.

If having an T.T/extended or belt lipectomy & also wanting chin aug, neck lipo/lift, is it ok to have at the same time? Does having multiple procedures at the same time reduce cost? Is this a common practice?

Is it safe to have , Chin Augmentation and Neck Lift/Lipsuction along with my Tummy Tuck

+1
Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, many ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to have , Chin Augmentation and Neck Lift/Lipsuction along with my Tummy Tuck?

+1
If you only need liposuction of the neck along with the chin augment and your doctor can complete all the surgeries in under 5.5-6 hours it shouldn't be a problem as long as your health is excellent. But if you need a neck lift, that is probably too much.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Multiple procedures

+1
While multiple procedures are safe, there is a limit and criteria for determining how much is too much.  The risk of complications goes up when too many interventions are performed together or extensive time is needed to complete surgery.  Also, swelling occurs throughout the body after there operations, and this again adds risk for compications.  Make sure your surgeon provides the guidelines and explanation of how many many procedures are safe together.   Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon