Rosacea V-beam Swelling; Causes Wrinkles?

I just had my 2nd v-beam treatement for rosacea (my last one was 3 years ago). The area under my eyes is so severely swollen...I got to wondering if this is stretching the skin out below my eyes which will cause that skin to lose firmness and look more wrinkled later on? It's very severely swollen. Thanks Linda

V-Beam is great because it is effective without bruising

+1

What you are describing is a temporary swelling from the V-Beam.  This swelling is a result of the histamine in your body being released.  While bothersome it is actually a sign that you had an effective treatment.  You can, in the future, take an antihistamine before your procedure to minimize the swelling.  It will not, however, cause you to lose firmness or look more wrinkled later on.  The V-Beam laser actually was FDA approved to TREAT wrinkles!

Swelling after VBeam causing wrinkles

+1

Dear Patient,

Rest assured that the swelling you are experiencing after VBeam treatment is temporary and will resolve in about a week. Because of the temporary nature, it should not cause any long-term consequence, such as wrinkles. To help to alleviate the swelling sooner, apply ice pads for 5 minutes to the area every few hours and consider taking over-the-counter antihistamines (e.g., claritin and benadryl). Good luck.

Marianna Blyumin-Karasik, MD
Hollywood Dermatologist