Rosacea Redness Responds to Nothing - What are my Options?

I've had 2 IPL's And a V-Beam, none of which reduced the redness on cheeks, chin, or nose. My doctor says the v-beam won't get deep enough. What other laser options are available? Purpuric? Different lasers? I'm at my breaking point and I don't want to keep trying to same thing if they won't help. What would you recommend for a difficult case of rosacea redness? My nose is always red, yet my cheeks react to certain things.

Rosacea redness should respond to laser/lights

+1

Rosacea redness should get better from Intense Pulsed Light or Pulsed Dye Laser therapy.  It can take many treatments.  I would questions the settings the doctor is using, make sure they are aggressive.  Also, maybe you don't have rosacea.  See your primary care doctor and make sure you don't have an alternative cause for redness/flushing. 

What to do with rosacea not responding to IPL or pulse dye laser

+1

The two things you tried are generally excellent for redness.  The Nd YAG laser also treats vascular structures but it treats individual blood vessels.

It may be that you may need more treatments.  The number that you have had is relatively small.  You should see some improvement, but not total resolution.

Also, are you controlling the exacerbating factors: direct sunlight, heat, alcohol, spicy or hot foods, hot drinks?  Those will cause dilatation of blood vessels.

Finally, there are other things that can cause facial redness besides rosacea.  I suggest a consultation with a board certified dermatologist for a thorough evaluation.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon