Rosacea Caused by Pixel, IPL and Yag Laser?

I had Pixel, IPL and Yag laser done to my face. I started to notice these weird markings on my cheeks and forehead. I had a biopsy done and it showed a small sign of Rosacea.

I do not have any type of red rash on my face at all. I'm only 34 years old. I've been to two dermatologist and the second one did the biopsy, but there was really no answers. My plastic surgeon said radio frequency laser's can cause problems with your skin.

Is there any type of skin care doctor that would know more about what's causing the problems?

Lasers and Rosacea

+1

It is not uncommon for laser patients to experience hyperemia after treatment. However, there is no evidence to date that specifies a causal link between lasers and rosacea. If you have pre-existing rosacea, this may be the cause of the current redness.

Why a Fourth Treatment?

+1

I am not clear on what the prior treatments were meant to correct. Did you have pre-existing rosacea? It would seem doubtful thqt these medical devices caused your rosacea. In fact, two of them are used in cases to treat rosacea

There is nothing I could find in the medical literature to indicate that the radio-frequency device would worsen rosacea. In fact an article in a limited study in the Journaql of Drugs In Dermatology showed that it should be helpful.

There is no sub-specialty in dermatology that just treats rosacea. You wold best find a dermatologist who has a strong interest in this field who might have something different to offer. ( We did discuss a couple of new treatments on our show last Friday July 10th on www.blogtalkradio.com).

Virginia Beach Dermatologist