Rosacea Laser Treatment Options?

Hi, I am a 24 yr old Asian male, fairly light skinned (but tanned quite a bit from the sun). I have developed rosacea over the past year and it's getting worse to the point where I have permanently red nose. I am looking for appropriate laser treatment options to reduce the redness, as there are many types of laser treatments. I am clueless about pros/cons of each treatment. Also I would appreciate general ball park measure for the cost of these treatments. Thank you!

Vbeam

+1

In my office I like to treat my Rosacea patients with Vbeam laser by Candela/Syneron. Vbeam stands for Vascular beam and will treat all things red. This laser is very effective for Rosacea, facial veins, leg veins, port wine stains, etc. I believe that the Vbeam is gold standard for these types of treatments. It’s also safe to use on many different skin types even yours. You generally need multiple treatments for the best results and may need to follow up with maintenance treatments depending on your triggers and the severity of your condition. Price varies dependent on areas treated; consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to ensure this option is best for you and to get pricing for you specific concerns.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of Rosacea

+1

I like to optimize medical therapy for rosacea prior to proceeding to the laser route. There are both topical and oral treatments for rosacea. These work best for the "bumpy" type of rosacea, but not as nicely for rosacea with only background redness.

Once that avenue has been exhausted, I would proceed with laser. IPL (intense pulsed light) and V-beam are great options. You will likely need a series of treatments. You would need to be seen to determine what treatment would best suite you. For example, if you are currently tan, as you said, then I would not perform IPL for you.

Jennifer Ahdout, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist