Will rosacea go away from my face? (photo)

I currently have rosacea on my face. My concern is will my skin go back to normal by taking medication and treatments. If so, what kind of treatments do I need. And how long would it take for my skin to go back to normal? I've been staying home or you think it will get worse?. Thank you.

Clearing rosacea

+2
There is currently no cure for rosacea, although our understanding of this frustrating condition grows each year. Best to speak with your dermatologist about your best treatment options, which often include topical antibiotics such as metronidazole and sometimes azelaic acid, sometimes combined with oral antibiotics, and sometimes combined with laser or light-based devices if there is persistent redness, burst blood vessels, or easy flushing. General skin care measures and products to use for your skin should be reviewed with your dermatologist. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Rosacea Intervention

+2

Hello Yareli. Your case of Rosacea is severe. While some medications may be able to help you keep the flushing under control temporarily, we know of only one thing to get the Rosacea to retreat - that is pulsed dye laser treatments.

Using an aggressive form of treatment (where bruising of the face is necessary), we can get the inflammation, redness and even textural changes under control and for a longer period of time than medications. It is a difficult treatment plan to go through, but the benefits would be very rewarding for you.

You can view some Rosacea patients at the before and after pictures below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD