Ropey Looking Skin After Lipo

I had my upper inner thighs and love handles lipoed about 4 months ago and my inner thigh skin looks kinda ropey and is still a little discolored. Will those results get better with time and if not, is there anything I can do to help the results look better? Like exercise, thigh lift, etc. I look great in clothes but not in a swimsuit! I had to wear shorts over my swimsuit this summer. :-( Thanks for your advice!

Ropey Looking Skin After Lipo

+1

After 4 months the areas are very healed. A photo would be of great help in order to determine exactly the deformity. My guess is you will need fat transfer with directed Smart Lipo to improve the inner thighs. Best of luck seek in person opinions. 

Lipo results

+1

I do not know what "ropey" means.  If the skin is loose and irregular in the medial thigh area, it is difficult to imrpove without surgery.

Irregularities of the inner thigh after liposuction

+1

There probably is little improvement that you will see in the next couple of months if your lipsosuction was done four months ago and it's on the inner thigh, where the skin is known to have a higher chance of developing irregularities than other body sites. Possibly deep tissue massage, Endermologie or Velashape may help.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Loose ropey skin after liposuciton

+1

Without a photo, it is difficult to advise you but it is probably too early to make any final assessments. I would recommend waiting at least 6-9 months. In the meantime you should return to a normal lifestyle and consider topical massage with shear and stress forces to the overlying skin to promote scar maturation. You may benefit from a thigh lift or dermolipectomy procedure.

Liposuction results

+1

Liposuction is not a skin-tightening procedure, so minor contour irregularities, especially along the inner thigh can sometimes be the norm, especially if you had some preexisting mild cellulite or looseness there. Usually the appearances continue to improve with time and with working out. In the situation of severe contour irregularities, sagging skin, or even depressions, skin tightening in the form of a thigh lift may help. Fat injections to  areas of depression also may help.

Hayley Brown, MD

Upper Inner Thigh Liposuction

+1

You really need to discuss this with the surgeon who did your procedure. However, maybe this will help. The upper inner thigh area is probably the most problematic area to liposuction. It bruises and swells more than any other area, and these changes resolve more slowly than elsewhere. It sound as though you still have bruising. If this is so, then you should also still have some swelling that can cause lumpiness or irregularity of the area. The only thing you can do, if this is the case, is massage the area and give it some more time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon