Ropey face after facelift. What can I do? (photo)

I had a facelift 2 weeks ago..one side of my face has a long hollow depression where the drainage tube was, and running parallel to that is a long hard ropey feeling thing...will this depression resolve itself and the ropey cord disappear on its own...this is very noticeable and is preventing me from venturing out...

Facelift

+1

This can be normal.  Some contour irregularities are to expected at this early stage.  It can take several weeks to months for these to improve in general.  Having said that, you shoudl discuss this with your PS as only they can comment on your specific case and expected results.

Lumps bumps cords following a facelift

+1
In an ideal world and with a well executed facelift would be few noticeable contour irregularities following a facelift. With that said those that are present should smooth out in time.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Hang in there!

+1
I inform my patients before surgery that they may have irregularities, lumps/bumps, asymmetries, etc. in the first few weeks after surgery---some look great at a week, but others can hold on to such unwanted issues a bit longer.   Furthermore, it will take 3-6 months for complete healing from all aspects of your facelift surgery, so you need to be patient.  Regardless, I would predict that in a week or 2 you will feel much better.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concern about early facelift result.

+1

2 weeks after surgery is very early in the healing phase.  There can be a number of contour irregularities seen early which just disappear over time as the tissue mature and soften.  Your surgeon knows best what was done and is in the best position to explain how to move forward.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

+1

Very hard via the internet to respond. Best to seek very close follow up with your surgeon.. I might offer you external ultrasound and aggressive massages..

Facelift

+1
Be patient most irregularities following a facelift resolve with time particularly thos that feel like a cord as they probably represent clot that was along the drain site. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon though and get his opinion. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Ropey

+1
Without knowing all the details of the surgery and being able to examine you, it will be very difficult for anyone to answer this. You should see your surgeon or communicate pictures to them if you are out of town. Sorry couldn't be more helpful!
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon