Will I Need Root Canal?

I am having my whole mouth done. I had ground teeth down to almost nothing. I have had all teeth done on the bottom already no pain no problem, but now on the top I have 14 teeth covered with 1 temp. I was in no pain at all before this but now I have had 14 days of it. I have been back 2x and they keep saying that I shouldn't be having pain. I went to doctor and they gave me naproxen and an antibiotic and I feel much better now. Will they be able to tell if I need root canals before perms done?

Root Canal Answer

+1

The discomfort you are experiencing should not last for more than a few days after the procedure has been completed. If the discomfort does not subside and you find that you are constantly taking over-the-counter meds, I would recommend you be evaluated by an endodontist (root canal specialist). Your dentist can refer you to one that they trust and work with.
Good luck!

-Dr. Parnaz Aurasteh, Oral Care Dentistry

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Root canals before perms.

+1

Most likely they will.  Depends on how long they wait to do the perms.  I would recommend you make sure your TMJ and occlusion is ideal before getting perms.  That is even more important than the root canals.  You are getting a full mouth rehabilitation even though it is only one arch.  TMJ should be evaluated and Sleep apnea.  This is your chance to make sure you rebuild to the right vertical dimension of occlusion.

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Pain in provisional crowns

+1

You shouldn`t feel pain being in provisional crowns, especially when you have extensive dental work. The dentist should check the condition of the teeth and define the necessity for endo-treatment before anything permanent will be done.

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Get root canals on all of them to avoid issues in the future

+1

You need root canals on all of the teeth 

i would never put bridge especially ear to ear without nerve removed.  

Rimma Chertog, DDS
Freehold Cosmetic Dentist

You Might Need Root Canal

+1

Make sure the dentist holds off on ordering the permanents from the lab. If he has already had them made, then make sure he does not insert them until the pain is gone and the root condition resolved.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Some things to look for

+1

If the pain gets worse at night it may mean you need a root canal

If the pain comes on without any stimulation of the teeth you may need a root canal

It does not mean that you need a root canal on all teeth. The culprit could be one tooth but it can give you referred pain and you may experience discomfort in several teeth

Aria Irvani, DDS
Irvine Cosmetic Dentist