I Had a Root Canal Two Days Ago That Has Now Broken, Can This Tooth Be Saved?

Can a tooth that has a root canal and has now broken be saved

+2

It depends on what and where the tooth has broken.  If it has broken below the gum or bone it probably cannot be saved and a dental implant may be your best option.  If the top or a piece has broken off it probably can be saved with a crown

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

A broken tooth after root canal CAN usually be saved.

+2

If the fracture did not extend down onto the root surface of the tooth, below the gum and bone level, then the tooth can probably still be saved by placing a crown. If not, then it will have to be extracted, and perhaps replaced with an implant.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

A broken tooth after root canal treatment can generally be saved with a crown.

+2

It is not uncommon that the coronal portion of a tooth that has had root canal performed can break. Between the access opening to get to the root canals during treatment and the remaining tooth structure being undermined, most times a crown procedure is performed, with or without a post placed, to restore the tooth to full function, strength and appearance. On rare occasions, a tooth can break in a manner that renders it unrestorable. This is generally when the fracture extends below the bone level and a poor "crown to root" ratio exists, meaning not enough healthy tooth remaining. Hope this helps!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist