Can a Root Canal and Fillings Be Done at the Same Time?

I need to have a root canal done, and also fillings in order to start my orthodonic treatment. Can these be done at once?

Root Canals And Fillings In One Visit

+1

It is very common in our practice to do procedures such as root canals and fillings in the same visit, especially if the teeth are close in proximity to each other.  We use oral sedation daily to ensure that we can accomplish as much dentistry as possible in one visit.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Root Canal and Fillings at the Same visit

+1

If your dentist  prepare and schedule your visit with enough time to perform both procedures, you can do it all. Sometimes RCT can take more than one visit, but is everyhting goes as planned and you can tolerate it well, it is possible. Some patients also do sedation to feel more comfortable and more dental work can be done. If you are worry about the lenght of the appointment, you should consider sedation dentistry.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Root Canal and Fillings Can be done in same visit

+1

If you and your dentist schedule a long enough visit, you can do Root Canal and fillings on other teeth at the same visit. That is assuming your general dentist is doing the root canal work. If an endodontist (root canal specialist) is doing the root canal, then he will NOT be able to do fillings.

New York Cosmetic Dentist