Roof of Mouth Sensitive over a Year After Gum Grafting?

My concern is that to this day I have extreme sensitivity on the roof of my mouth where the tissue was taken from for the grafting around my 2 molars – and it’s been over a year. I can even feel where the stiches were. My perio told me this would go away or at least lessen significantly but it hasn’t. Any ideas what is going on and am I just going to have to deal with this forever? It is not painful, but it is very distracting to have half of my mouth very sensitive to even my tongue moving.

Roof of Mouth Strill Sensitive 1 Year after Grafting

+1

I would suggest you obtain a second opinion from a Periodontist or an Oral Surgeon. It is unusual to still have sensitivity 1 year later.

New York Cosmetic Dentist