Roof of Mouth Pain After Septoplasty Surgery on March 20, 2012?

I am having severe roof of mouth pain since my surgery and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I have spoke with my surgeon and he put me on 10 days of steroids. Tomorrow is my last day and those have done nothing. The only way I can describe it, is a burning pain behind my upper front teeth. Please help???

Pain after Septoplasty

+1

If a particular part of the bony septum is resected due to deviation, it is common to bruise or damage the nasopalatine nerve. This nerve travels through the septum and supplies sensation to the premaxilla, or area including the middle 4 upper teeth a portion of bony palate behind those teeth. Numbness and altered sensations are pretty common, but over time this area will typically return to normal. Unfortunately that can take about 1-2 months. Time is the cure in this case.

michael kim, md

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon