What to Expect? Going to Get an Explant in September? (photo)

Had my implants since 2002 (300 cc silicone Mentor subglandular), after one pregnancy I had a B cup with light ptosis. After BA I had another pregnancy. I don't have any stretchmarks on my belly and very few on the breasts, resilient skin. What do I have to expect in terms of appearance? I'd just like to have a normal soft breast with some saggines, adequate to my age (35). Thank you very much.

Breast appearance after implant removal

+2

Since you question was posted a few months ago, I assume you already have your answer.  My prediction would have been that you would have that natural look you hoped for, with less fullness overall.

Appearance of Breasts after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Difficult to give you good advice without direct examination but some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Expectations after explant

+1

For properly fitted and positioned subpectoral breast implants, it has been my experience that if explanted the breast will return to the way it would have looked if the implant hadn't been there since the implant is just a pillow of volume. This does not mean it will look like the day the implants were put in but the way they would have looked if they hadn't been put in. 

With sub glandular implants or implants that were too big and stretched or distorted the tissues around the breast, it is harder to say what they will look like and the effects of pregnancy or passage of time are often concealed by silicone gel-filled implants. 

Since there is no good way to control, predict, or show you what your breasts will look like, you're only other option to downsize is to exchange implants with nearly the same width but a lower profile and lose some forward projection but not upper pole fill. Remember also that breasts are not truly lifted by implants and taking them out does not truly make them sag. This is an illusion of pillow volume. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

What to expect after implant removal

+1

You can expect your breast to be deflated and smaller than when you first had your augmentation. You will also likely need a lift.

Explant

+1

DIfficult to predict exactly but the breasts will probably saga  bit and be deflated.  They will not be like they were before implants.