What Do You Think I Should Do to Fix my Eye After a Bad Eyelid Surgeon? (photo)

After my e blepharolasty surgery, now, I have more eyebags than before, my eyes look down and sad,hollowness and I have a little sclera under my left eye and shadows. I talked with some doctors in Rome Italy, and they said the incision he did throw down instead of up and remove too much. One of them sayd that can be correct with a new surgery with cantopexy , fat implantation and repositioning , and browns lift. What do you think? Thank you for your gentle reply.

Correcting lower lid retraction after blepharoplasty

+2

In reviewing your photos, I notice more a hollowness than lower lid retraction under the eyes, more so on the left.  The mild retraction on the left lower eye lid maybe sufficiently corrected by replacing lost volume under the eyes without more invasive surgery.  I would approach this in a step wise manner.  Begin with volume replacement.  This can be done by injecting your own fat or with fillers.  If this is not enough to lift the left eye lid upward, then a canthoplasty procedure to tighten the lower lid would be the next step.  I don't think a brow lift is advisable as this will make your eyes look too deep set.  Good luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving sad eyes

+2

You can improve the sad appearance of your eyes with a fat transfer and canthoplasty. The fat transfer is the most important surgery in fixing this. I would be careful of a canthopexy which cuts through the lower eyelid and can worsen the round eye look.  A canthoplasty does not make any incisions under the eyes.  A brow lift will make your eye look more hollow and should probably not be done at this time.  You need to focus on procedures that are necessary for correcting your current problem and not add procedures that may introduce new problems.

Mark Glasgold, MD
Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complications of blepharoplasty

+2

Blepharoplasty requires experience and skills to carefully remove only what is an access of eyelid skin without causing exposure of eye globe. Depending on the time how long you had surgery, some laxity of the skin may occur after the first procedure. Since eyes are very sensitive to exposure if not properly covered, one should be careful not to remove too much of the skin. It is always better to remove less than removing too much during the first procedure. It is easy to remove more skin if needed than removing too much and facing complications as every patient has different level of tolerance to exposure of their eye surface.

In your case, one may consider revision surgery that may include raising of the lower eyelid to help with scleral show. One may also need to check for your thyroid gland status, as some eyelid retraction may occur due to the underlying thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy.

Imtiaz A. Chaudhry, MD, PhD, FACS
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes!!!

+1

To be perfectly honest I think you look better now than before! But if only 4 months Allow 6 months healing than determine by IN PERSON visits to other surgeons.