Rolling Acne Scars, Will Traditional CO2 Laser Work if Nothing else Has?

I have significant rolling acne scars on my cheeks. I've tried dermaroller, prp, radiofrequency, subcision, tca cross and most recently Total FX laser all of which have made very little difference. Is it worth me trying the old fashioned CO2? Up close my scars are not as noticeable but the further away from the mirror i am the more visible they become. I think this is due to fat loss and shadowing and i don't know if the traditional CO2 laser will help mainly rolling scars.

Best treatment for rolling acne scars

+1

Certainly, I agree with Dr. Barnett that medical grade injectable silicone (i.e. Silikon 1000) can be wonderful treatment for filling depressed acne scars. I also believe that aggressive resurfacing is also extremely helpful for this condition. But it is not the modality, so much as the skill of the doctor, which will determine your outcome. I believe that a Hetter Resurfacing Peel is the single best modality for this. That said, "old fashioned" CO2 laser will also work will in the most competent hands. Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for Rolling Acne Scars

+1

Injectable fillers works very nicely for rolling acne scars. In our practice we use liquid injectable silicone which is excellent for acne scars as it is precise and permanent. If there is a depression, it needs to be filled.  None of the treatments you mentioned can help fill the scars. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD