Is It Okay To Go On Rollercoasters 2 Months Post-Op Rhinoplasty?

Hello I am going on holiday in 6 weeks. By then I will be 8 or 9 weeks past my Operation. I had closed septorhinoplasty. I read that the bones should be healed by 6/8 weeks, so thought it might be okay. But I would like to double check. We will be visiting an adventure park. Is it okay to go on rollercoaster rides?!

Rollercoaster Ride 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

There is always risk in most things we do, but the risk of taking a rollercoaster ride 2 months after your rhinoplasty is probably not worse than it was last year. However, follow the advice of your surgeon who knows exactly what was done during your operation.

Roller coaster after rhinoplasty

+1

You should be healed enough so that it would take a significant trauma to cause a problem. Having said that however why voluntarily subject yourself to a high risk activity like this after just having gone through all the expense and effort for the surgery? Even with the safety restraints there is still risk of jarring motions, tripping and injury. Is the 5 minute ride worth having to do the surgery again?

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon