Rolled Onto Nose at 17 Days Post-op?

I fell asleep on my back, but awoke flat on my stomach with my nose slightly leaning on my pillow. It did not hurt when I awoke and does not look different or crooked. Is it possible that I damaged it anyway? If I shifted the nasal bone, would my nose be in pain, or would I be unable to tell?

Rolled Onto Nose at 17 Days Post-op?

+1

Dear Visna,

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like the nose looks the same after this incident.  You probably did not do any damage.  I have my patients sleep in a recliner after surgery, but they can only tolerate that for so long.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rolled onto nose 17 days after rhinoplasty

+1

It's highly unlikely that rolling onto your nose would have produced enough force on your nose to move your nasal bones 17 days after your surgery.  Since you say your nose looks the same, I would say it's probably fine.  If the nasal bones had moved, you would be able to see a change.  If you are concerned or unsure about your nose, you should contact your surgeon to be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon