What Are My Options Because Nipples Are Too High After Silicone Implants?

I am 5'1" 115 lbs 25 yrs old. I was a 32a Before my breat implants. I was going for a small C cup size. My PS put in 300 smooth round high profile silicone. Its been 14 months and my nipples are too high. I want them lower. Can the PS just go in again and make them "lower" with same implants? Or do I need to have a whole new redo with different type/size silicone.

Nipples too high

+1

The implants did not change the position of your nipples but if the implants bottomed out you would feel that way. It is impossible to say without seeing photos of you.  A pocket revision with the same implant would most likely fix that problem.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1

It would be helpful to see the photographs of your results at the present time. a variety of options including changing the pocket or the implants are possible

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Lowering nipples

+1

Your niples did not move with placement of the implants. Typically, after breast augmentation, if the nipples look too high, it is actually that the fold under the breasts is too low. There is too much volume below the nipples.  Raiing the fold, which is not easy, will put the nipples back in proper balance.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

High Flying Nipples

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without a picture. Based on your description it may be that your implants have "bottomed out". If this is the case then your current implants may be used with a surgical decrease in the pocket size. Revisit with your PS to get an exam and solid recommendations

Dr ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Nipples too high?

+1

Hi,

Please consider submitting photos along with your question in order to give you the best advice.

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Nipples too high after BA

+1

Photo's are necessary for sensible advice, but the most common cause of your problem is that the implants are too low.  The nipple should be centered on the breast mound, and if it's high it is most likely to be an implant position problem.

Suggest you discuss this with your PS.

All the best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Nipples Are Too High After Silicone Implants?

+1

Without photos it is not possible to make any useful suggestions. There are a number of possible reasons for which your nipples may appear too high and the treatment will vary depending on the actual cause. 

Please consider posting photos. 

All the best. 

High nipples after breast implants.

+1

Its hard to say for sure without photos but you may have some bottoming out of your implants.  Most likely you can have a corrective procedure to improve your look.  Usually the implants are replaced at the same time, but sometimes the originals can be used.  Check in with your surgeon and be frank about your concerns.  Usually there is some charge for touchups and revisions but you need to find out what your surgeons policy is about that.  Good luck!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

+1

Many thanks for the question. With out pictures its hard to comment .I am sure your PS can should fix it without charging for it. Yes its possible to lower your nipples but you end up with addition circum- areolar scarring. I wish your good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

High sitting nipples

+1

Without viewing photos or doing a proper exam it seems as if your implants have bottomed out.  This can certainly be corrected with a second surgery where your surgeon would sew the capsule under the breast to push the implant higher in the pocket and center the nipple and areola on the breast mound.  You should certainly revisit your surgeon for a proper exam and detailed discussion about your options.  Best of luck!

Elsa M. Raskin, MD
Greenwich Plastic Surgeon