Am I a good candidate for saline implant? (photo)

I am 5'4, 115 lbs, currently 34AA after 1 kid, 31 years old. I don't have a lot of breast tissue. I only want to go to Full B (Small C at most). Am I okay to with saline? Does this increase my chance of ripplings after surgery because I am skinny and does not have a lot of tissue? What cc do you reccomend for a full B? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Saline implants can leak

+2
At size 34 AA each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 100 cc to 200 cc implants would take you to a full B or small C. I always recommend silicone gel rather than saline because saline can leak. My preferred implant is a small round textured silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since it looks and feels more natural, is more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for saline implant?

+2
You should do well with saline implants as long as you keep the volume modest. However, in my experience, once you get down to the sizing even those patients who 'only want a B cup' quickly fall in love with much larger sizes. One of the problems with saline implants is they don't age well: their weight causes them to drop, move out to the side and generally stretch out the breast skin. Moreover, rippling tends to worsen as the years pass. Finally, the implant size that's going to please you can only be determined by trying on sizers in your plastic surgeon's office

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Toronto Breast Augmentation with Implants

+2

You can have saline implants.  There are pros and cons to the different implant options.  You need to have a thorough consultation with a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Saline implants

+2

I think you are a great candidate for saline implants.  You don't want to go too larger (very wise decision) and you look like you have for saline implants.  They should be put under the muscle and overfilled a bit to prevent rippling.

As far as size goes, that would be based on your breast measurements and what you like when you "try on" implants in  consultation.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast Augmentation Saline implants

+2

I actually prefer saline implants over silicone. They are much more trouble free in the long run.  They should be placed under the muscle and I recommend high profile saline implants. They seem to ripple less.  You may be able to feel some slight rippling in the lower part of the breast but it probably won't be visible.  If you want to be a B cup, I would recommend around 300 cc's.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant size

+2

If you are considering breast augmentation, I would suggest you consider silicone gel implants.  Talk to your plastic surgeon about your options and pro's and con's of the different implants.  As per sizing, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Saline candidate

+2
You do have a fairly good breast ound and using a sub pectoral approach I believe saline implant is a good decision.

Hossein A. Najafi, MD

Saline implants

+2
have their limitations and if you wish to avoid rippling, best to go with gel implants.  As for size, use external sizers in your unlined bra to help you decide at home what size you think will give you the look you want.  1 cup of rice in a knee high nylon stocking is equivalent to 240 cc's.  But the bottom line, you should choose depending on your budget and desires.  Saline implants will still create a great look and that is what implants are designed to do.

Curtis Wong, MD

How to decide if saline breast implants are best for you

+2

Thank you for your question.  First from your photographs you have very normal natural  looking attractive breasts.

My honest opinion based on over 30 years of plastic surgery experience, is that the rippling effect of saline implants is a serious negative consequence.

I prefer to use silicon gel breast implants for many reasons but avoiding rippling is the most important reason.

If you are concerned about silicone implants and definitely want saline and the implants may be placed beneath your chest muscle,  a sub-muscular breast augmentation, which should reduce the chance that you will see rippling.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+2

Saline does tend to ripple more.  There are advantages and disadvantages for both.  I explain all of the differences, and then I let the patient make an informed decision.