How can I tell the difference between scar tissue and fat necrosis?

I had bbl in march and from the beginning i had this tender firm area and dents around it. I asked my dr what can i do about it and he said to massage it cuz it might be due to scar tissue pulling the skin. Now how i can i tell the difference between fat necrosis and scar tissue? There are a few firm spots and around those there are some dimples and dents. It has improved a lil but still not gone. I am assuming scar tissue it might not be as bad to deal with as fat necrosis.....

BBL and scar tissue

+2
It may take up to a year for scar tissue to mature or other issues to resolve. Best to follow closely with your surgeon to make sure things are healing well.