Broken nose question? (photo)

Like a 1 1/2 weeks ago I was bending over and my 4 year old jumped up and smashed his head into my nose. I didn't go to the ER because I figured it was kinda like a broken toe, nothing they could do. Well since the swelling has gone down and the black eyes have gone away I have noticed that my nose is going to the right and I'm having trouble breathing and getting bad headaches. I went to see my family doctor today and she referred me to an ENT. Are my symptoms from my broken nose

Broken nose repair

Thank you for your question!

As an ENT and a facial plastic/reconstructive surgeon, I can tell you that it is very possible that your symptoms could be related to the misfortunate trauma you have experienced. Moreover, you could very much benefit from a corrective rhinoplasty.

With that perspective, the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS