Broken nose question? (photo)

Like a 1 1/2 weeks ago I was bending over and my 4 year old jumped up and smashed his head into my nose. I didn't go to the ER because I figured it was kinda like a broken toe, nothing they could do. Well since the swelling has gone down and the black eyes have gone away I have noticed that my nose is going to the right and I'm having trouble breathing and getting bad headaches. I went to see my family doctor today and she referred me to an ENT. Are my symptoms from my broken nose

Broken nose repair for crooked nose

+1

Its best to seek out an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to examine the internal portion of the nose  to make sure there is no septal hematoma. Once the swelling has subsided, reduction of the nasal fracture with osteotomies, possible spreader graft to the concave side and fixing any internal deviated nasal septum can performed at same time under brief general anesthetic as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples, please see the link below.

Possible broken nose

+1

It is certainly possible that your symptoms are related to a broken nose.  Your photos are also consistent with having a broken nose.  I would recommend seeing the ENT surgeon referred to you by your family doctor.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken Nose

+1

Your symptoms are most likely due to your trauma and the resulting broken nose. If you are still in the early healing period (1.5 weeks) you can have it reduced by an ENT or Plastic surgeon. This should help with your symptoms. If you have a long term deformity that is unsightly (curved nose, hump) you can alter it with a rhinoplasty after 3-6 months of healing. 

Best of Luck!

Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD

Broken nose question?

+1

From the pictures and the description, a broken nose seems a possibility.  I would have the examination by your surgeon to confirm.

Broken Nose Answer

+1

Yes, there is a high probability that the trauma caused your symptoms and you should consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

I wish you well.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon