Could I become attractive with a nose job if I have thick skin? (photo)

My nose is too big and ruins my face I believe. Im not sure if I could become attractive or not if I had a nosejob. But my skin on my nose is thick so it stresses me out in confusion.

Could I become attractive with a nose job if I have thick skin?

+1
The areas of your nose that concern you and would like improved can be refined with a rhinoplasty, in spite of having thicker skin. 

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not
be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
    Your nose can be refined and your nostrils can be reduced to give you a more refined look even with thicker skin.   Find a rhinoplasty expert.

Thick skin and a rhinoplasty

+1
It is important for you to understand the features of your nose which you dislike.  An experienced plastic surgeon can help you make a decision about going forward with a surgical rhinoplasty.  Thick skin is a challenge but if your nasal tip is enlarged then it can be refined.  

Nose Job for Patient with Thick Skin

+1
Despite your thick nasal skin you will be more attractive if your nose is reduced and refined. Thicker skin can be a challenge but wonderful results can be achieved in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty for thick skinned nose can be more attractive.

+1
Rhinoplasty for thick skinned nose can be more attractive. I need to see better photos to see exactly what needs to be done besides tip refinement and skin thinning. 

Male with thick skin of the nose, feeling unattractive

+1
This is a good question and yes, most likely you could have a nose procedure ( rhinoplasty) and see a different shape to the nose.  Without seeing you in consultation and without more photographs, I cannot tell you exactly, but here are the things to think about:
1. Are you making this decision alone or with parental support?  If you are under 18 you need parental support.  Even if you are over 18, there is still a significant financial commitment.
2. Is this something you have been concerned about for a long time?  Surgery is permanent so you need to feel this is the right time and right decision for you.
3 Can you have a recovery period?  Plastic surgery can make big changes in how you look and how you feel about yourself, but requires a recovery period where you cannot work or exercise and where you will have some discomfort and swelling.  Are you prepared to go through this process?
The next step is to have a consultation where you can know what would be the best plan for you.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Nose

+1
rhscmike10, from the photo that you have provided I believe you're being much too hard on yourself.  Difficult to assess whether or not changing the shape of your nose would be advantageous.  Unfortunately this require either more photos or an office visit.  Improving the shape of your nose or any bodies nose can be something that improves self confidence but should not be looked at as a life changing event.  I would recommend new visit with several facial plastic specialists, make sure they have at least 10 years of experience.  I hope this helps, good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon