What treatment would you recommend for eye bags, lost volume in apples of cheeks after weight loss? (photos)

Since I lost 65 lbs I have really awful eye bags and no volume left in my cheeks. I look sad and tired all the time. Whats the best method of improving this area? The most affordable?

Treatment of eye bags

+2
Thank you for including photos.  I don't think that you would get the best result with injectables.  However, a lower eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) with fat repositioning to fill in the hollow under your lower eyelids should provide you with very nice improvement.  It would be best to seek the advice of an experienced plastic surgeon in your area.  

Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty

+2
Thank you for your question and pictures.

When your weight stabilizes, you would likely enjoy the benefits of a lower eyelid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What treatment would you recommend for eye bags, lost volume in apples of cheeks after weight loss?

+2
In my opinion, the best treatment would be a lower blepharoplasty using the fat positioning technique.  This will significantly help improve the tear trough (groove below the eyelid bag) and smooth the transition from your eyelid to your cheek.  Using a blepharoplasty technique that removes the eyelid bag (which is fatty tissue) will create a hollowed and older appearing eyelid area, thereby not rejuvenating your appearance.

Additionally, combining the blepharoplasty with fat augmentation to the cheeks and the surrounding peri-orbital area would further enhance the results.  The link below provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD