How Effective is Roaccutane for Acne?

I have been on the tablets for about 4-5 weeks and the acne is getting worse. Could you tell me when I will see an improvement?

Not Uncommon For Breakouts

+2

It is not uncommon at all for patients on Accutane to break out around the third week. It is difficult to predict when you will start having the typical response, but most patients begin to see clearing around the sixth to seventh week.

Occasionally, some patients do get signficantly worse, however, even to the point of developing large sores called granulation tissue. If this happens you should be going off Accutane and corticosteroids should be introduced.

Make sure you keep in close contact with your dermatologist.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist