Can a RN (Not PA, Not NP) Perform Pixel Laser Without Physician Exam and or Supervision (Direct/indirect) in CA?

I recently had Pixel Laser resurfacing performed at Medi-Spa in California, by an RN, (not PA, nor NP). I ended up with "minor complications," and asked to see MD. He has not been available until I insisted and an appointment was made for a week later. I was never evaluated by him prior to treatment, nor have I haver been seen by him ever. Should I have seen him first? Should he have been available for help due to "complications?" It seems waiting a week is too long?

Pixel laser use by RN

+1

Every State has different rules and regulations regarding lasers.  For specifics, I would visit the California Board of Medicine and Board of Nursing websites.  However, I can tell you specifically that an RN using a Class III laser without an examination or supervision by a Physician would be a criminal offense in the State of Florida.  This sounds reportable to me.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon