Is It Possible to Have a Longer, Refined Look to My Nose Through Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a deviated septum which were causing breathing problems that is why doctor advised me to do a uergery . He also told me that I have a little bump and he can remove it at the same time.I wish I wouldn't agree with that one because it changed all my nose it is shorter now, and before it had sharper tip ) and my face looks different . I would like to know will revision rhinoplasty hepl me to get back my own nose or if not can I have a nose which looks similar to mine a bit longer &?

Nasal Revision for Longer, Refined Nose

+1

From the one view you submitted I cannot tell if a longer nose would look better, but this can be done. I agree that a thinner, more refined nose would improve your appearance. If you don't have your surgeon do the revision, seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Is It Possible to Have a Longer, Refined Look to My Nose Through Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

IMHO, your nose pre-op had an under-rotated nasal tip that made the nose appear long.  After your Rhinoplasty, the nasal tip is rotated up eliminating that aspect of your nose's appearance.   The post op tip rotation is more aedsthetically correct but you could have a revision Rhinoplasty to achieve more of the pre op look...if you can find a Rhinoplasty surgeon willing to do that.  You might want to go back and ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Revision Rhinoplasty in Order. Nothing Else Can Help

+1

Hello there.

You can still have more refinement and a better nose.

In my view, based on the photos, not enough was done to slim the nose. It is a good situation to be in when only additional sculpture is needed. As opposed to too- much having been done originally.

Either return to your surgeon for " a little more refinement" or seek another surgeon whom you believe understands what you want.

Bottom line, you can be helped with extraordinary means.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Web reference: http://www.robertkotlermd.com

Longer nose

+1

Although you can't say for sure from these photos alone it does appear that your nose has been shortened and you may have an open roof making it look flatter if no osteotomy was performed. Revision rhinoplasty with lengthening can certainly be performed. You need to have a consult with computer imaging to be certain that you and your surgeon are on the same page about the changes you are looking for.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like your nose got flatter on the bridge and also tip is a bit more bulbous giving it a shorter look. You may need a bridge graft and tip cartilage grafts to refine the tip. Your nose will never look like it did before but it cant look better.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Refined Look

+1

The pictures appear to show thick skin along your tip. Further cartilage removal will create a round look to you tip. 

In my opinion you require more cartilage along the lateral sides of the tip, to flatten out its appearance and achieve a more refined, and less round tip. Septal cartilage, or rib graft would me my options.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon