Is There ANYTHING That Makes Moles or 'Beauty Spots' Disappear?

I am 47 yrs young. I have a lot of moles/beauty spots on my face, arms, and back and was wondering if there's anything at all that will make them disappear completely or at least fade them besides surgery or laser? Please help!

How to make moles or beauty spots "disappear".

+1

Depending on their size and location, moles can be easily removed by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. A shave excision is a procedure where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other method is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique. I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. It is important to have tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that the mole was benign. Using a laser to improve the appearance of a mole will alter its look and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How to remove moles

+1

First, you need to see a doctor to confirm if what you have are truly moles/nevi. A lot of what people call "moles" as they age are sun spots, lentigos, hyperplasia, etc. and all of these are treated differently. There are no creams or magic potions that can remove true moles. They can only be removed surgically (excision or shave biopsy) and in my opinion lasers are also not good for removing moles because no pathology can be done. I'd suggest you see a dermatologist for an exam and discussion for treatment options. 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD